Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Boss

Is Christmas really over?  I could live in that bubble forever!  I enjoyed a nice week off from work, did some post Christmas shopping and a few movies here and there.  This year we exchanged alot of gift cards, they make the most sense and saves on returning everything you didn't like.  My husband hit the nail on the head when he got me the book written by The Cake Boss - Buddy Valastro.  I love the show, i love the crazy wild family and the characters and I love reading about people's stories.  Here is a guy who is a New Jersey baker one day and a famous person the next - how did it all happen?  I'm almost done the book and have thoroughly enjoyed it.  I can hear Buddy's voice when I read all the different stories and it's amazing how at just 17 when his father passed away he had to step in and take over the family business and then took it to a whole new level with the popularity of the show.  My husband and I visited the bakery on our holiday's in October, yes that's how much i love the show.  As i'm readying the book and all the talk of cakes and cookies I just want to eat a red velvet cake by myself while i'm reading!  It's a great book so if you love the show you should read it.


In other news and this is a total plug for LIFE 100.3, but now that our hoodies are on sale to the public I knew they would make great Christmas gifts so these are some pics of my parents and my father-in-law enjoying their new gifts!


No comments:

Post a Comment