Monday, March 28, 2011

The Swans

Last summer I enjoyed feeding the Swan that stopped by our dock every once in awhile.  My husband actually fed it by hand, I got a little scared getting that close but it was pretty amazing.  This past Saturday I was looking out the window and there was the Swan swimming by with not one but TWO more swans.  I grabbed my camera, cell phone and bag of bread and ran down to the dock.  By the time I got there there were down the river a bit but when they saw me they literally turned around and came back, they must have remembered me!


Here they are swimming back to me!







The water around our dock is still frozen so they had to climb up on the ice to walk over to me.  You don't realize how big these swans are until they are walking toward you.  They definately had no fear of me but they closer they got I had a little bit of fear.  I was outnumbered, 3 of them and just me.  I was trying to feed them quickly, take pictures and call my husband to hurry and get home to see this! 

No zoom necessary this is how close they came up!




All 3 of them coming for their snack.



No comments:

Post a Comment