Friday, December 28, 2012

A Toddler Christmas.....




This year felt like Mia's first Christmas....last year she was only a month old so she just layed there.  What a difference a year makes.  She was a little woman on a war path.  I had to re-wrap several presents before Christmas that she got in to just for fun.  She pulled decorations off the tree causing much stress for me who likes a nice evenly decorated tree.

Because she is only 1 she doesn't get the excitement yet, really she would open any present regardless of what was in it.  So I wrapped up new socks, a new sippy cup, spoons etc. a few things she needed anyway but I made them Christmas presents.  I told our families to please not spoil her, she didn't need any more toys right now, bigger size clothes would be great.

We got her 2 gifts that we toys - both I may regret.  First Mega Blocks.  I thought this would be great fun for her....and for me :) It WAS a great idea until I stepped on them numerous times and until Mia just takes the bag and dumps them everywhere and I get to pick them up.  Sidenote: I need tips on how to start teaching her to pick up her own toys!

Big Building Bag (pink) (80 pieces)

Second we got her the Beginner Band Set - complete with a tamborine, shakers, triangle and symbols - cute idea until she walks around for an hour banging the symbols.  We will have to hide those for special occasions only.




1 comment:

  1. Kai just started helping us pick things up in the last few months. He was adept at dumping things out very early, but not so much at putting them back. Every time we move into a new room, I ask him to help me pick up the old toys and help him do it. He's been really good about it! I'd say just keep doing it and she'll figure it out. Hope you guys had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete