Sunday, September 21, 2014

Draft Day

This weekend my husband and I watched the movie Draft Day with Kevin Costner.  It's a funny choice for us seeing as Phil knows absolutely nothing about football.  In this situation I actually looked pretty smart because I knew a considerable amount.  I grew up with Sunday afternoon football as a staple in our house.  Sports radio in the car on the way to school every Monday going over the games from the day before.  I didn't really know much about how the draft works so we did a quick google as the movie started so we had a better understanding of it. 

I really enjoyed the movie and was excited to tell my dad to go rent it too.  What happens leading up to and during the draft is pretty exciting.  Deals and trades are being made up until the last second.  There are always rumored front runners but an interesting fact from the movie is that Tom Brady was #122 the year he was drafted, if the teams only knew then what they know now.

Even if you aren't a football fan you will enjoy it, but it's good to have a little knowledge of the game so you don't feel completely lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment