Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Welcome to the jungle

I love being home with my girls most of the days and I love that I still get to do radio.  With that said there are days that I literally feel myself going a little nuts.....kids can do that to you.  There are things about being a mom that no one really told you or prepared you for.  For instance, the odds of being able to go to the bathroom alone are slim to none.  I try to sneak off and then they must look around and see that I'm missing and I hear the patter of little feet heading to the bathroom and it becomes a family event. 

I used to really enjoy reading a good book.  Last year for my birthday Phil gave me a book I had wanted, I just finished it a couple weeks ago.  I only read it when I had a little spa time throughout the year and I would kindly tell the girl doing my pedicure that I don't really want to talk this is my down time...yeah I'm that person.  On the upside I could look at it that I had enough pedicures this year to read a book!

Trying to have a conversation either on the phone is impossible.  The minute your kids realize that they are not paying attention to them they go nuts and start making tons of noise making it impossible to hear anyone or them to hear you and your house sounds like a complete zoo to the person on the other end of the phone.  I can only imagine what the Rogers reps say about me when they get off the phone.

I could get up at 6am and I still don't think I could get out of the house until 10am.  By the time everyone is fed, dressed, bags are packed and I try to remember to brush my teeth, it seems like it takes forever to get out the front door for anything!

Everything in takes longer in general.  It took me an hour to write this little blog because Melody was climbing the TV stand, Mia spilled water everywhere, Mia pushed Melody and let her in the bathroom which is Melody's favorite place so she can play in the toilet.

Welcome to my jungle!

No comments:

Post a Comment