Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Losing faith in government

Today our Premier Kathleen Wynne rejected parents outcry to remove the new sex ed curriculum from public schools that is going to start in September and it starts in Grade 1.

I have read through some of the subjects and topics they are planning to cover, however I disagree that it is the schools job to teach it and I disagree with the ages that certain things are going to be taught.

These are subjects and information that need to come from us as parents.  For instance, of course our kids need to be taught not to let strangers touch them, but we are the ones who are going to teach them that and we have already started with our 3 year old.  And we will decide when and at what age certain information is going to be taught.  I have 2 girls so this task is daunting.  I want them to love themselves and respect themselves, be strong and love the Lord.  I want them to know how a young man is to treat them and that he is to respect and share her values.  I want them to not be afraid to talk to us.   I want them to know that sex is a wonderful exciting thing but meant for adults who love each other enough to make a commitment to each other for life in marriage.  This is the base for everything else they will need to know.

This is one of many reasons my kids won't be a part of the public school system.


No comments:

Post a Comment