Sunday, May 10, 2015

What we REALLY want for Mother's Day

What is the purpose of Mother's Day.  A day to celebrate our mom, a day to give her a break or a "day off"?  I think it all depends on what stage of life you are at either as a mom or with your mom.  If you are grown up and don't live at home anymore it's a time to take your mom out, spend some quality time with her.  If you are a mom to little kids let's be frank, we get quality time 24/7.  So as a mom what do we REALLY want for mother's day?

We want to get a full nights sleep and maybe even sleep in.
We want to go to the bathroom by ourselves.
We want to take a shower or bath in peace without someone banging on the door or charging in.
We want to eat a meal while it's still warm and we don't want to share.
We want to go a whole day where we don't have to answer any questions.
We want to spend a day in a nice outfit that isn't covered in snot, throw up or anything sticky.
We want to be taken care of.

It's ok to want all these things.  As moms we give ourselves 100% to everyone else all the time.  It's ok to want a little me time or some "time off" to just recharge.  If you're like me you probably have guilt about it which I don't think we will ever get rid of but sometimes alone time is just necessary.  For me it makes me a better mom and wife to just breathe for a minute.  It doesn't mean I don't love my family it just means I'm being honest with them and myself.

I love my girls more than anything else, and I am so thankful I have a husband who will step in and give me the break when I need it.  And on top of the break for the day I get a gift too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment