Monday, October 18, 2010

Gianna Jessen

I had never heard Gianna's name until I was asked to come and host the Peterborough Pregnancy Resource Centre's fundraising dinner.  Gianna was coming as their guest speaker and as I read their commercial for the event it said that Gianna was an "abortion survivor".  I had never heard that there could be such a thing.  I also didn't really know how late in a pregnancy women could have abortion's many years ago.  So at 7 1/2 months pregnant as Gianna's mother was she could still have an abortion in 1977.  I spent the dinner hour getting to know Gianna and finding out what a remarkable woman she was.  She is someone who has taken her suffering and turned into something good, something that will change lives.  I wouldn't do her story justice so this is the link on youtube to her testimony as she spoke in Australia.
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPF1FhCMPuQ

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8B1nKGIAeg&feature=related

2 comments:

  1. "So at 7 1/2 months pregnant as Gianna's mother was she could still have an abortion in 1977"
    You have that wrong. Abortion after 24 weeks was illegal in California at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you shared this story. It's stories like this that shed light on how blessed we are.

    ReplyDelete