Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Life as I know it

I'm a reality TV junkie and I stumbled across Bret Michaels new reality show "Life as I know it".  Bret was the lead singer of Poison - total 80's hair band.  He tried to regain some fame by doing a reality show called "Rock of Love" which was total debauchery on TV.  So with his new show he is trying to "rebrand" himself as a family man.  It focuses on his life at home with his kids which is nice to see but hard to get past the rock star image he has made for himself.  He seems to be taking a cue from Gene Simmons to try and be known now as the family guy.  But it's a good example of forgetting and letting go of the past and trying to start a fresh new future.  In the show that seems to be what he's trying to do.  He still tours with his band but you can see that he wants to make his family #1.  It would be easy to judge Bret Michaels, toss fire and brimstones at him for his past but I think everyone deserves a second change, a start over or re-do however you want to put and for the sake of his little girls I hope this is his. 

1 comment: