Monday, November 1, 2010

It's not weird it's a God

I just got back from my vacation and many adventures to blog about this week and some fun pictures but first I have to start out with a story just as my holiday started.  A couple weeks ago I heard a woman on Focus on the Family sharing her story and promoting her book as well.  Her story grabbed my attention right away for personal reasons so I made a mental note to pick up her book next time I was at the Treasure House.  I was packing for my holiday and I packed the book I was reading "Always Looking Up" by Michael J. Fox.  I was almost done so I thought i better have another book packed, we did have a 10 hour car ride to get through.  I went down to my book shelf and as I skimmed the books there was the book by the woman I heard on Focus on the Family.  I saw the title and I took a couple steps back.  I have no explanation as to how that book got on my bookshelf.  I know I hadn't bought it yet and I hadn't asked anyone to borrow it but there it was.  I grabbed it immediately and ran upstairs to tell the story to Phil.  As I was telling him I said "isn't that weird" - he gently reminded me that it's not weird Jen it's God.  I'm not saying it magically appeared.  We get a lot of pre-release books sent to work to read and the publisher's are hoping they can send us more copies and we will give them away on the radio.  I'm sure that's how I got it but the God part is that when I would have brought it home, I didn't really know her story and at the time it didn't really apply to me.  So I probably just added it to my list of books to read.  But at that time when I went down to the bookshelf God knew I needed it right then.  I finished the book by the end of my trip and it was exactly what I needed.  Someday maybe I will share why but for now I just want to leave encouragement that God will meet you where you are.  He met me by the bookshelf and showed me that He was listening and He knows everything I have been feeling and thinking and used this book and this woman's words to bring me closer to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment