Monday, November 22, 2010

Hysteria

Hysteria is the only word to describe the audience on the Oprah show during her "Favorite Things" episode.  It's the hardest ticket to get and people dream of being a guest on the show and taking home all the loot!  This year was no exception, being Oprah's last season she went crazy.  Part 1 was Friday and the audience got $3000 watches and a 7 day cruise to just name a couple.  Now let's be real, how many people are going to sell that watch?  I know I would.  I would be too scared to wear a $3000 watch, I would probably break it or lose it so why not get some cash for it.  Maybe that sounds bad but it's my watch now can't I do what I want with it?

Oprah tapes 2 shows a day so as this hysterical audience was leaving the building the audience for the next show were waiting in line only to find out that they just missed the Favorite Things and with their luck were probably going to be in the audience for Oprah and Gayle talking about their camping trip.  Once inside the studio they find out that there is a part 2 and they are it.  Cue the mass hysteria, tears, hugs and they don't even know what they are getting yet. 

As I predicted after part 1, the audience in part 2 all got new cars!  2012 VW Beetles that don't even come out until May.  The power of O - she can get presidents elected and get you a car that isn't even out yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment