Wednesday, November 10, 2010

1 year

This Sunday Phil and I will celebrate our 1 year anniversary.  I can't believe it's been a year already!  When we first got married I would say "oh we've been married 3 weeks or 3 months" then time flew and here we are at our first anniversary.  We decided on no gifts this year because just went on vacation and we want to do another trip this winter so we opted out of stressing ourselves out over gifts.  I think Phil lucked out because i'm not really into jewelry (other than my engagement and wedding ring of course) so he doesn't have to worry about spending a bunch of money on that.

We started talking the other night about how much has happened in this first year.  I moved out to Wasaga Beach which was a big change for me.  I slowly but surely started to make the house more family than bachelor so we got new furniture and renovated the kitchen.  We visited Israel and Italy on our honeymoon and then just did a tour through the states to Philly, NYC, Washington and Atlantic City.  We each lost a grandparent just a few months apart.  We have learned alot about each other and alot about ourselves.  When you see yourself through someone else's eyes sometimes you see things you never saw before, or things no one else had the guts to tell you.  So I have learned alot about myself and a few things I need to work on :)

Most of all I'm married to my best friend.  I couldn't imagine life without him and I'm so blessed and thankful that God brought us together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment