Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I've fallen and I can't get up

I have reached a point of pregnancy where my mobility just isn't what it used to be.  I don't like asking for help, I'm a do-it-myself kind of girl after being single for so many years and owning my home I've learned to just manage for myself.  Being pregnant, especially in the beginning, you can't lift anything and you have to take it easy which required me to ask for a lot of help.  I especially got a few weird looks around the office asking for help lifting little things because no one knew I was pregnant yet and I always just do it myself, now all of a sudden I'm a wimpy girl.  I can't do laundry until my husband gets home to carry it up and down the stairs for me, he's caught on now to just do it himself when he's not working.....I like this trick :)

With all that said last night I reached a new level of helplessness.  I dropped my cell between the couch cushions and it's a lazy boy couch so it went right to the floor.  I got down on my hands and knees to retrieve it and realized that getting back up just wasn't going to happen.  I called for my husband who had to come and lift me up off the ground.

I have to let go of my pride and realize that it's ok to ask for help and not try to do everything myself, not just for my own sake but for the sake of the little one I have been protecting in there for 7 months.  So now I will embrace it and sit on my lilly pad and have everyone do everything for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment