Monday, August 25, 2014

Kids Privacy

I was at the park with my girls and Mia made a little friend that she was playing with which is great.  The parents of the little boy were taking pictures of him and as I know it's hard to get a picture of your kid without other kids ending up in the photo somehow.  So because Mia was playing along right beside him, I'm sure she ended up in their photos.  As we were driving home I started to think about all the avenues of social media that that picture could be used for with my daughter in it, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, blogs etc.  It might not be that big of a deal but I didn't like the feeling, but then do I have to be that parent at the park that goes up to the other parent and says please don't take a picture of my kid.....or remove my kid everytime someone is taking a picture?  To some people I'm overreacting, but we have to be protective of our kids and the internet.  I read about a woman stealing baby pictures from another woman's Facebook and posting them on hers saying it was her baby.  All the new technology is great, but it forces us to be extra careful in certain aspects of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment