Friday, August 15, 2014

My 13 years

Today LIFE 100.3 turned 15 and tomorrow night we celebrate with the 15th Anniversary Party.  I have been here for 13 of the 15 years give or take a couple years off for maternity leaves but I still count them.  I was the Promotions Manager for most of that time so I know how much work is going into tomorrow night so my thoughts were with Pip Lucas, the new Promotions guru, today knowing how crazy his day must have been.  I told him that I'm very excited to actually come, sit and enjoy the show and not be running around for once, I can't wait to see what he has planned.

It makes me think about our past anniversary parties that I was in charge of.  The 3rd Anniversary Party with Geoff Moore.  Geoff's guitar player couldn't fly in from New Mexico because of weather and Geoff really only knew 2 songs on the guitar so we scrambled just hours before with what to do.  Geoff is an amazing story teller so that's what he did and we grabbed Chris from Manic Drive who was in line with his family, to come and play Geoff's guitar so he could lead some worship.  We offered everyone a refund at the beginning of the show because it wasn't really the show they had paid for.  No one asked for their money because that's how great Geoff was.

Our 5th Anniversary Party with Mark Schultz.  It was the introduction of the new Breakfast Club with Ben Davy and Woody Woodland.  Mark was fantastic, another great story teller which is what makes good song writers.  It was just him and his keyboard and it was great.  Everything must have went smoothly for that one because no disaster memories stand out.

10th Anniversary Party with Lincoln Brewster.  We kicked it up a notch for this one.  We did a red carpet and photos for everyone who came.  We did a big video introduction of all the DJ's, it was going to be a show!  Scott's family had planned a video surprise for him with messages from some people he admired in the business and a surprise visit from his son who lives in Seattle, so that was a side element we had to keep under wraps too.  It was a Praise and Worship theme so we had 3 local worship pastors open the show which was a great fitting.  We flew in Lincoln and his whole band and I had a schedule for everything, meal times etc. I ordered catering based on those times and the band arrives from California and want to stay on California time so don't want to eat at any of the times I scheduled which threw me off.  My catering was already ordered so the volunteers were treated to a nice meal. 

As crazy as it was to plan I loved seeing the final product all come together and I'm looking forward to seeing what is planned for tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment