Monday, June 29, 2015

Code Red!

Dining out with small children is hard.  I wish I had the kids that sat nicely through dinner so everyone could enjoy themselves.....I don't and that's my reality, yet we still try.  Friday night we went to Swiss Chalet for dinner, yes we are super fancy but there are only a few choices here in Wasaga Beach.  It was super busy and the kids food came out first which is great then we can get them started and settled in to eating.  They start eating and still no dinners for us.  They finish eating and still no dinners for us.....this is not looking good.  Phil left the table for a minute, Mia runs to follow and Melody freaks out for daddy.  In order to save the hearing of the poor people at the booth behind us I pick up Melody and while passing my husband I call a code red, abort mission.  That means get our food to go i'll meet you in the car.

It is one of the most embarrassing moments as a parent when you have to haul a screaming child out of a busy restaurant.  But I have to say I enjoyed my dinner much more when we got home and put the kids to bed and could eat peacefully.  It won't always be this way, (I hope) eventually we can enjoy dinners out together again but when my husband suggested going for dinner last night, and as much as I would have liked to NOT cook dinner, I said no thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment