Thursday, September 16, 2010

America's Got Talent....or do they?

I've never gotten into America's Got Talent before but it's a been a slow summer for TV.  So Phil and I got into the show and started to have our favorites.  Last night was the finale and like every competition show they drag out the winning announcement for 2 hours until the last 30 seconds.  Now there were 4 finalists going into the last night so at a couple different points in the evening they did narrow it down to the final 2 so that kept the momentum going.  They had the homage to some of the worst performers and actually let them come back and do group number.

So America's Got Talent is about a variety of talents and the winner gets the million bucks and a vegas show.  So as I was watching this season and judging, like i'm actually someone on the panel, I would rank them based on whether they would be able to create a vegas worthy show around this act.  Having never been to Vegas I don't know exactly what is Vegas worthy but i used my imagination.

The final 4 were Michael Grimm, a blues type singer.  Jackie Evancho, a 10 year old opera singer.  Fighting Gravity which were a really cool glow in the dark blue man group type deal and "The prince" as I called him, I won't write his full name because i'm sure someone will be offended, but he chose his name not me.

So out of these four The Prince and Fighting Gravity I thought were the most Vegas worthy.  Michael Grimm should go on American Idol or something and going to Vegas to see a 10 year old opera singer just sounds weird.  Now talent wise Jackie the opera singer was hands down the most talented but Michael Grimm was chosen by America as the winner. 

He was a down on his luck kind of guy, always talking about his grandparents and how broke they were so I think he got a lot of sympathy votes on this one.  I know that may sound heartless but this is talent show not who has the sadest story.  The upside is you know the money will be put to good use and now he has a way to continue to support his grandparents financially.  For Jackie - she just 10 years old she has a big career ahead of her. 

So America's Got Talent is over....what's next.....oh the Apprentice starts tonight! 

1 comment:

  1. Ugh - I was so annoyed that in a talent competition where anyone with any talent can be a part of it, America voted two singers as #1. And then the winner was a guy that would have easily qualified for American Idol. Disappointing. Fighting Gravity absolutely should have won. I would have paid to see that show!

    ReplyDelete