Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I'm learning alot lately about control.  It's something that God is constantly teaching me about and I'm learning to let go of it.  This past long weekend was a good example of it.  My husband and I planned this great weekend with our families.  We had both our parents and my husbands sister and her husband up for the weekend.  We were going to have a big BBQ, go boating have a bonfire and enjoy our time together.  Of course after all the beautiful weather we had last week it all went downhill before the weekend.  Between wind and rain it didn't look like we would be able to do anything we had planned.  Our family arrived on Sunday and thankfully there was some sun and we managed to BBQ but had to eat inside.  We got a couple boat rides in but short ones because of the weather.  However, despite that fact that things didn't go the way we had planned, everyone still had a great time.  Our parents spent lots of time together continuing to get to know each other and we had the joy of having everyone under one roof and we don't get that too often.  So God is saying to me "I have other plans and don't worry it will all work out" which of course it did.  How often do we find ourselves freaking out because we are not getting our way or things are not working out the way we had planned.  God has a bigger plan and it's always a better one. 

1 comment: