Friday, September 24, 2010

Working down the list of fears

I'm afraid of a lot of things.  The usuals like snakes and bats, not a fan of heights, roller coasters or anything relating to speed and height combined.  I had a big fear of flying which i've worked on to now just say i don't enjoy flying but i'll do it.  My dad has flown once in his life and refuses to do it again.  I see how it can limit your life if you're not open to it.  When I had the opportunity to go to South Africa last year I knew it was time to get over it.  I had flown before, just small 3 hour max flights here and there.  South Africa was a different story.  19 hours of flying with one stop that we didn't even get to leave the plane for is pretty much facing the fear head on.  Having dealt with that one it allowed me to be at ease with flying to Italy and Israel for my honeymoon and be the strong one for my husband who hasn't really gotten over that fear yet. 

Motorcyles weren't really a big fear of mine except for the one my husband owns.  It's a nice Harley however it's not really a two seater.  In order for me to ride on it he suction cups a seat to the back.  Doesn't exactly sound safe to me although he assures me it's fine.  I have avoided riding on the Harley since we met but I knew it was time to deal with it.  I know how much Phil has wanted me to go and he think he was quite shocked when I actually said yes!  We made it down the street and back and that was enough for me.  I'm not afraid anymore, a stirdier seat of my own would make things a bit better but it's one more thing off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment