Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wavy weekend

So I took my own advice and my husband and I attempted a nice day out on the boat on Saturday.  We got up early with the plan to boat to Midland for lunch and head back in time to leave for the Casting Crowns concert.  There was not a cloud in the sky, no wind, nice calm waters on the river as we headed to Georgian Bay.  As we hit Georgian Bay it was another story.  Not choppy or wavy but "swales" were the forecast for the day on Georgian Bay.  My husband found it fun and adventurous as I white knuckled my life jacket (safety first) and kept convincing myself not to get sick.  We decided to press on to see if it got better the further we went - guess what - it got worse.  It wasn't dangerous (it may have been for a smaller boat) just nauseating! We gave up on our little mission and headed back to the river.  As we got back we passed many boat with their tubes attached probably hoping for a nice day of boating like we did, and I assume they didn't last too long out there either.  I've head many people say that Georgian Bay is unpredictable conditions as we found out.  It seemd like a perfect day for the boat, quite disappointing with the beautiful weather.  I'm sure alot of cottagers were upset too.

We headed to Queensway Cathedral to see Casting Crowns that night.  This is only my second time seeing them live but there are a few things I really enjoy about their shows.  They put all the words to their songs up on the screens so you can sing along to everything.  They are very humble and non rock-starish (clearly not a word)  They come out casually on stage to start the show, no big intro, no fancy outfits just jeans and t-shirts.  They are just a bunch of youth pastors who put a band together and probably didn't expect to be come one of the biggest bands in Christian music.  They are embassador's for World Vision and Mark Hall has taken it one step further and he and his wife adopted a little girl from China.  It's great to hear that they are living what they preach as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment